Fitness Weight Centre policies
- Everyone MUST swipe in with their ONECard in order to enter the Fitness Weight Centre (FWC). This includes varsity athletes, staff, coaches, instructors, strength trainers, etc. Vikes Athletics and Recreation needs to ensure that all patrons using the facility have paid for a membership that allows them access specifically to the FWC and that have signed the online waiver required to use the facility. For emergency purposes, swiping in also indicates who is in the building and needs to be accounted for.
- Personal belongings must be stored in lockers. ONLY cinch bags are allowed in the FWC, all other bags must be secured in a locker.
- Patrons without a ONEcard must show valid receipt with correct date.
- All weights must be returned to the proper racks after use.
- No equipment is permitted to leave the facility at any time, or be altered in any way.
- Patrons must sign out equipment with their ONECard from the CARSA Equipment Desk.
- Slamming or dropping weight stacks or free weights is prohibited other than bumper plates on the platforms.
- The department is not responsible for loss or theft of personal items
- Children under the age of 14 years are not permitted in the FWC.
- Youth ages 14-15 years old must complete the two-hour Fitness Weight Centre Youth Orientation in order to access the FWC. If your child is unable to attend one of the youth orientations listed in our guide, you can schedule an orientation at a time of your convenience. Personal training fees apply, please visit the personal training section for a detailed breakdown of the cost associated.
- Drinks in glass containers or food are not permitted in the FWC.
- In consideration of others, all ringers must be turned off while in the FWC. Patrons are not permitted to talk on their cell phones at any time.
- Pictures and video recording (including by phone) are not permitted anywhere in the FWC.
- Only coaches or personal trainers employed by the University of Victoria may train individuals in this facility.
We are committed to offering a hygienic, safe and inclusive environment in our Fitness Weight Centre. All patrons are required to abide by the following Dress Code policy:
- Patrons must wear clean, appropriate athletic clothing that cover the chest area along with athletic shoes (closed toed and heel) at all times.
- Clothing with inappropriate statements, sandals, open-toed shoes, as well as shirtless and bare feet are not permitted in the Fitness Weight Centre.
- Anyone not following the dress code will be asked to comply or leave.
Code of conduct
- Wear appropriate clothing in accordance with the posted dress code.
- Ensure equipment from the Fitness Weight Centre (FWC) is put back where it was found.
- Secure all backpacks and belongings inside lockers.
- Recording, picture taking and phone calls are not permitted.
- Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated, including foul and abusive language, personal or sexual harassment, physical violence or threats of physical violence, or willfully damaging property and/or equipment.
- The CARSA FWC is shared space; please be respectful and aware of your impact on others.
- Wipe down equipment after use and return equipment to where it belongs.
- Report injuries, damage to equipment or other concerns promptly to the strength trainer.
- Allow others to work through when performing multiple sets of any equipment. Equipment may not be used as a resting area.
- CARSA is a scent-free zone. Help us keep the air we share healthy and fragrance free.
- ONECard is required for access to the FWC and for equipment and towel lending. Fraudulent use of a membership card and/or card swapping will result in immediate suspension and loss of membership privileges. No refunds will be granted.
Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct could result in suspension or permanent loss of membership privileges.