Vision and purpose
Living and breathing excellence distinguishes us in sport and active healthy living. Engage. Empower. Inspire. Deliver.
This position is primarily responsible for monitoring the activities of patrons in the Fitness and Weight Centre under minimum supervision.
Candidate performs strength trainer duties as per training, and ensures the activities of all patrons comply with Fitness and Weight Centre guidelines. In addition, the position is responsible to provide superior customer service to students, staff, faculty and the University community.
This position reports directly to the Health & Fitness Assistant and to the Senior Coordinator of Active Living.
Employee Group: CUPE 917 – casual, part-time.
- Academic standing in a post-secondary institution (or student on break for the semester, returning to school the following semester).
- Current First Aid Certification and CPR “C” (Basic Rescuer).
- Ability to problem solve and deal with stressful situations effectively.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively, with efficiency and strong organization.
- Strong desire in obtaining experience in Health and Fitness.
- Other desirable attributes include: a background in human anatomy and physiology, and a strong desire to help facilitate an active lifestyle for all individuals, regardless of ability or fitness level.
- Ensures a safe and motivational environment is maintained by upholding the rules, regulations, standards, and policies as outlined by Vikes Athletics and Recreation and the governing bodies for the Fitness Weight Centre.
- Performs first aid and CPR as required.
- Performs deep cleaning of equipment.
- Monitors access of patrons.
- Educates and assists patrons in correct use of equipment and strength training form.
- Performs basic cleaning and maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Terms of employment
- Hourly wage: $15.65/hour, + 4% vacation pay and shift premiums, up to a maximum of 20 hours per week or 80 hours per month.
- Minimum 1 shift per week availability required.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
Please submit a resume and cover letter attention: Josh Leangen via e-mail to email@example.com. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.