Vision and purpose
Living and breathing excellence distinguishes us in sport and active healthy living. Engage. Empower. Inspire. Deliver.
Vikes Summer Camps
Vikes Summer Camps seek personable, passionate, responsible and caring team members to deliver a wide variety of quality sport, outdoor and recreation camps. We provide high quality, fun, safe and positive experiences for all participants.
Disclaimer: This position is only for UVic varsity athletes who will be working Varsity Sport Camps
Key responsibilities and duties
Under the direction of the Camp Programmers and Assistants.
- Ensure the safety and supervision of camp participants ages 5-18 years of age
- Assist with planning and organizing activity schedules and activities
- Assist in monitoring daily attendance, medical information forms, equipment and supply needs
- Lead a variety of games, sports, outdoor activities, out trips, theme activities and pool activities
- Develop, deliver and maintain a positive camp atmosphere
- Maintain an exceptional level of confidentiality
- Assist in the supervision and evaluation of camp programs, junior leaders and volunteers
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude with staff, participants and parents at all times
Successful applicants must complete a criminal record check before employment commences.
- Valid Standard First Aid & CPR-C
- Experience working with children in a summer camp or child/youth program environment
- Ability to work as part of a successful and engaged team
- Commitment to service excellence
- Coaching or instructor experience would be an asset
- Program planning experience would be an asset
- HIGH FIVE PHCD or HIGH FIVE Sport an asset
- Craft or art instructor experience an asset
- Indoor climbing belaying experience and orienteering knowledge would be an asset
Applicants must be reliable, mature, motivated, have experience organizing and delivering children’s activities and demonstrate a commitment to quality and excellence.
Terms of employment
Wage: $20/hour + 4% in lieu of benefits
Wages for specialty camps (ie racquet sports, tennis, yoga, dance, health & fitness camps) may be higher based on certifications
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday, up to 38 hrs/per week*
*Hours and weeks of work dependant on camp registration
Commitment to work: July 4 ‐ September 3, 2023 (mandatory training week June 26-30, 2023
To submit your application package please include the following:
- Cover Letter
Please ensure to include all relevant certification, skills and experience in your application, along with at least two applicable references with contact information.
Email to Community Programs Coordinator, Evan Libke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is 4:30PM on June 14th, 2023
We thank all applicants in advance for their applications however, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.