Vision and purpose
Living and breathing excellence distinguishes us in sport and active healthy living. Engage. Empower. Inspire. Deliver.
Vikes Summer Camps
Vikes Summer Camps seek personable, passionate, responsible and caring Jr. Leaders to help deliver a wide variety of sport and recreation camps. We provide high quality, fun, safe and positive experiences for all participants.
Key responsibilities and duties
Under the direction of the Camp Leaders and Administration Team
- Assist the Sr. Leaders to ensure the safety and supervision of camp participants ages 5-13 years
- Assist the Sr. Leaders with implementing daily schedules and activities
- Assist to lead a variety of games, sports, outdoor activities, out trips, theme activities and pool activities
- Develop, deliver and maintain a positive camp atmosphere
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude with staff, participants and parents at all times
- Completion of the Vikes Youth Leadership Development Camp in a previous summer
- Volunteer Experience working with the Vikes Summer Camps- minimum two weeks
- Valid Emergency First Aid & CPR C
- Completion of High 5 Training
- Ability to work as part of a successful and engaged team
- Commitment to service excellence
- Successful applicants must complete a criminal record check before employment commences
Terms of employment
Wage: $16.75/hour + 4% in lieu of benefits
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday, up to 40 hrs/per week*
*Jr. Leaders will be scheduled on an as needed basis. Hours and weeks of work are dependent on camp registration and operational needs.
Commitment to work: Must be available to commit to a minimum of 3 weeks of work between July 4th and September 3, 2023
Please send your resume and cover letter via email to Evan Libke at email@example.com by Friday, June 2 at 4:30PM.