Vision and purpose
Living and breathing excellence distinguishes us in sport and active healthy living. Engage. Empower. Inspire. Deliver.
Our Vision and Purpose:
Together we transform student’s lives. Excellence distinguishes us in sport and active healthy living.
Vikes Summer Camps offer a wide variety of quality sports and recreation camps. We provide high quality,fun, safe and positive experiences for all participants.
About this position
Vikes Summer Camp Inclusion Leader will rely on your communication and leadership skills to supervise and assist participants with additional physical, behavioural or developmental support requirements in a variety of camp settings.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
(under the direction of the Camps Programmers and Assistants)
- Ensure the safety and supervision of camp participants needing extra support, ages 5-18 years of age
- Assist with the adaptation of activities to meet the needs of specific participant
- Work cooperatively with participants, parents, and supervisors to ensure camp is safe and accessible.
- Develop, deliver and maintain a positive camp atmosphere
- Maintain an exceptional level of confidentiality
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude with staff, participants and parents at all times
Successful applicants must complete a criminal record check before employment commences.
- Valid Standard First Aid & CPR-C
- Experience working with children in a summer camp or child/youth program environment
- Ability to work as part of a successful and engaged team
- Commitment to service excellence
- Working with youth with specific needs or inclusion is an asset
- Program planning experience would be an asset
- HIGH FIVE PHCD or HIGH FIVE Sport an asset
- Craft or art instructor experience an asset
Speciality Qualification Preferred:
- Certificate for Disability Management
Applicants must be reliable, mature, motivated, have experience organizing and delivering children’s activities and demonstrate a commitment to quality and excellence.
Please send résumé and cover letter via email to email@example.com by Friday, June 3, 2022.
Please be sure to include all relevant certification, skills and experience in your application, along with at least 2 applicable references with contact information.
Only those applicants short-listed for an interview will be contacted. Thank you!