Vision and purpose
Living and breathing excellence distinguishes us in sport and active healthy living. Engage. Empower. Inspire. Deliver.
Equity in hiring
UVic is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our living, learning and work environments. In pursuit of our values, we seek members who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of power. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity. Read our full equity statement here: uvic.ca/equitystatement.
Vision, purpose and our promise
Together we transform students’ lives.
Excellence distinguishes us in sport and active healthy living.
We foster an environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced, individual aspirations are fulfilled, and our cultural values and service to our communities are strengthened.
- Emerging professional communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- The ability to work as part of a successful and engaged team.
- Commitment to service excellence.
- An understanding of sports and/or desire to work in a sports related field.
- Set up and take down of events hosted by Vikes Athletics and Recreation.
- Provide high-level service for attendees of Vikes events, boosting the fan experience.
- Scanning tickets and directing fans to their seats.
- Camera operation and game filming.
- Food and beverage preparation and service.
- Alcohol service (pending Serving It Right or recognized out of province certification).
Note: Event staff employees will not have all of these responsibilities during one event.
Terms of employment
The position will span both the fall and winter semester, late August-March with the opportunity for extension into future seasons based on performance. An hourly wage ($16.00/hour) will be paid biweekly.
Note: Flexible work hours (evenings/weekends) according to demands of the event schedule will be required.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé by email to Larissa McKinlay, Event Operations Coordinator, Vikes Events, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please title email subject line: Application Vikes Event Staff - Full Name.
If you require assistance or support in writing your résumé or cover letter, visit uvic.ca/coopandcareer/career/applications/.