Vision and purpose
Living and breathing excellence distinguishes us in sport and active healthy living. Engage. Empower. Inspire. Deliver.
Our goal is to provide excellent customer service and foster pride in our facilities. Under the supervision of the Facility Attendants, you will assist in the operation of the Vikes Athletic and Recreation facilities: CARSA, McKinnon Building, Ian Stewart Complex, playing fields and Centennial Stadium.
Duties include: enable and ensure the proper use of our facilities, equipment and facility set up, event set up and support, First aid, equipment rentals and upkeep, keeping our facilities tidy and presentable, and other related duties.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Certification is a requirement for this position, may be obtain within 30 days once hired
- Previous Cashier and Customer Service Experience
- A good understanding of sports equipment and how to set up
- Willingness to work any recognized shift between 6:00am – 12:00am
- A minimum commitment of 2 shifts per week is required
- Proven track record of showing initiative and leading by example
- Previous experience working with a diverse group of customers; i.e. students, faculty, staff, and community
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Terms of employment
Pay rate is $15.20 per hour plus shift differentials for evening and weekend shifts. Applicants must be a current UVic student taking a minimum of 4.5 units a semester or a student registered in 9 units for 2 semesters with a semester grace period of one semester.